Tony is currently Creative Director at Snap London working in a team with ED Cox.
Prior to this position he worked as a freelance creative for 7 years on long term freelancing contracts at BBH London, VCCP London and R/GA. With shorter spells at agencies including Grey London, Havas, IRIS, Wunderman, Karmarama
At BBH, he created a fully-integrated campaign for Virgin Media in which he put Usain Bolt in a floral dress to sell broadband, which led to global headlines. He also beat Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, Fred & Farid and DDB Madrid in a roster pitch to create a global TV campaign for Audi's new fuel efficient car range, ultra. He also worked on The Guardian, British Airways and Surf.
At VCCP he created a £8.4 million campaign for O2 Refresh. Complete with a cat, who thinks he’s a dog who in turn thinks he’s John Travolta (confused?). He also launched O2's groundbreaking new tariff, O2 Refresh. It was a through-the-line beast, with two TVCs and everything else right down to the retail. Some of the work made waves in the press; Lord Sugar tweeted it to his 3 million followers, and it was reproduced as far away as Hungary and Indonesia.
He also launched On & On, O2's best ever phone tariff, with a TVC (which was the UK's most popular in the month that it aired), an ATL print campaign, digital and point of sale. Other clients included easyJet, Which?, Laithwaites Wine.
Tony starting grown up life at Bates Dorland working on everything from TV ads to Statement inserts and all the bits inbetween, before moving onto Campaigns direct agency of the decade, Rapier. Here he won multiple awards including Campaign Poster, Campaign Direct, and 3 DMA’s.
From there he moved onto Craik Jones winning the Norwich Union and Homebase pitches becoming Group Head on these two clients. Following the merger of Craik Jones and Proximity, he became Creative Partner on Shell, responsible for all it’s creative output. He resigned from Proximity in Nov 2009 in order to go travelling the world with his missus. Upon returning he started freelancing at agencies including VCCP, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Kitcatt Nohr, Inferno, & Rapier.
I love the buzz of creating something new. Trying to break the rules and lay down some new ones. I’m a conceptual Art director through and through. I don’t mind where the idea has to fit, on/offline, on the side of a pigeon, wherever, just as long as it stops people in their tracks and influences their behaviour. I’m just as at home writing headlines as Art Directing. My other big passions in life are Photography, (exhibiting at various points over the years) and Cycling as far afield as Paris for charity.
For more information or to request Tony’s CV please contact him direct at email@example.com or call 07921 540 078
Recommendations can be viewed on his LinkedIn profile.
- Creative Director at Snap London
- Dec 2017 – Present London, UK
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at Grey, IRIS, Wunderman and The Gate
- Sept 2016 – Nov 2017 London, UK
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at R/GA
- May 2016 – Sept 2016 London, UK
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at VCCP, Karmarama and Unscriptd
- Aug 2015 – May 2016 London
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at Havas
- April 2015 – Aug 2015 London, UK
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at VCCP
- Sept 2014 – April 2015 London, UK
- Freelance Senior Creative (Art Director) at BBH
- Aug 2013 – Sept 2014 London, UK
- Freelance senior Creative (Art Director) at VCCP
- Aug 2011 – Aug 2013 London, UK
- Freelance Creative (Art Director) at Partners AA, Inferno, Kitcatt, Draft FCB, Table 19
- May 2010 – Aug 2011 London, UK
- Traveller at The world
- Nov 2009 – May 2010
- Creative Partner / Senior Creative at Proximity
- Nov 2008 – Nov 2009 London, UK
- Brand Guardian / Creative at Craik Jones
- Dec 2006 – Nov 2008 London, UK
- Freelance Creative (Art Director) at DLKW, WCRS, Grey, RMG connect
- May 2006 – Dec 2006 London, UK
- Traveller at The world
- Nov 2005 – May 2006
- Creative (Art Director) at Rapier
- Nov 2000 – Nov 2005 London, UK
- Junior Creative (Art Director) at Bates Dorland
- Dec 1997 – Nov 2000 London, UK
- BA (hons) 1st class, Visual communication at Birmingham Institute of Art & Design
- 1994 – 1997 Birmingham, GB
- Virgin Media
- The Guardian
- Land Rover
- Birds Eye
- British Airways
- Christie's Auction House
- John Lewis
- The Samaritans
- Gordons Gin
- Virgin Trains
- SouthEastern Trains
- Chiltern Trains
- The AA
- Royal Mail
- Big ideas
- Even bigger ideas
- Mahoosive ideas
- Art Direction
- Creative Strategy